Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asher Roth On Eminem's Relapse: 'Bravo''

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Asher Roth On Eminem's Relapse: 'Bravo'' Empty
PostSubject: Asher Roth On Eminem''s Relapse: ''Bravo''''   Asher Roth On Eminem's Relapse: 'Bravo'' Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:03 pm

May 20 2009 6:51 AM EDT

He puts it out on the table for everybody to take from and learn from,' Roth says of Em's lyrics.
By James Montgomery, with reporting by Matt Elias

It's not exactly breaking news that Asher Roth reminds a whole lot of people of Eminem, to the point where Ash included a song called "As I Em" on his debut, Asleep in the Bread Aisle.

The thing was, most people were making those comparisons back when Em's return was in question. But now that he's back with Relapse, is Asher still the heir apparent to the throne? Only time will tell ... but as far as Roth is concerned, the comparisons and the hype were ridiculous to begin with. To him, Eminem is, was and always will be the icon.

"He broke down barriers and stereotypes of what the stigma of a white rapper was ... but the thing about Eminem that I just appreciated so much is that ... it's really crazy when people start to put cameras in your face and want to talk about you and your life all the time," Roth told MTV News. "And somebody of the personality type of Eminem, I'm so proud [of him] for going through so much hardship, so much craziness and so much stuff where anybody else would've just pulled the plug, [but] Eminem came out the beautiful person he is, and [he still] puts it all on the table for people.

"He puts it out on the table for everybody to take from and learn from," Roth continued. "And for that, I have nothing but love and respect for somebody who can do that, and do that well."

And Em has never put it all out there quite like he does on Relapse, an album full of jaw-dropping tales of drug addiction, abuse, darkness and his own mortality. And when Roth heard it, he was blown away — if not a little terrified. More proof, he says, that Em is in a league by himself.

"I've heard the Relapse album and, speaking honestly, it's very aggressive and dark and it's ... it's not easy listening. But when you get down to it, it's a grower, because you sit here and you're witnessing somebody who's putting so much of himself out there, and it's just like, 'Whoa,' " he said. "You feel the depression and you feel how upset and how crazy these last few years and the whole ride has been for him. Like I said, for somebody to keep their cool — as stressful as the everyday world is — and then try to take on the responsibilities of being a public figure, and having all the hardships he's had to deal with and to have him still come out the beautiful human being he is, there's nothing else to say but 'Bravo.' "

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/393039/asher-roth-explains-what-he-appreciates-most-about-eminem.jhtml
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1