Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shady records 2 Leave Interscope?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shady records 2 Leave Interscope? Empty
PostSubject: Shady records 2 Leave Interscope?   Shady records 2 Leave Interscope? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:22 pm

http://musicouch.com/genres/hip-hop/rumor-50-cent-leaving-interscope-in-2010-shady-records-leaving-interscope/

Shady Records Part

When Eminem finishes producing the final albums to complete his contract obligations, he plans to sign a new contract with Interscope as an artist/producer. Eminem, the artist, will continue being a Aftermath/Interscope artist. But he plans for his record label Shady Records to stray away from Interscope, become independent, and release albums without Interscope being involved. Eminem is not happy with Interscope shelving all of his Shady Records artists such as Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater, and making Obie Trice leave on him. Right now, Shady Records is a shell of itself which is why they were negotiating with Slaughterhouse to rebuild the Shady Records brand. The problem is, Eminem doesn’t want to have egg on his face again. The reason why Slaughterhouse is not signed to Shady yet is because Eminem is working on making Shady Records independent so then Interscope can’t tell Eminem which of his artists will release when. You have to remember that Crooked I, a member of Slaughterhouse, has had a bad taste in his mouth from Interscope before. Right now at Shady Records, you’ve got D12 and Eminem, but there is no one else really that important signed. The shareholders at Interscope killed all of the momentum that Shady Records use to have.

Rumor: 50 Cent Leaving Interscope in 2010? Shady Records Leaving Interscope?
Posted in: Hip Hop by kungfupoo on December 12, 2009 | 2 Comments

50 Cent Planning To Walk Out On Interscope. Could Shady Records Leave Interscope and become independent?

The following are rumors based on insider information from very reliable sources.

A while ago, I wrote about how I had insider information that Interscope interfered with Relapse 2 and they told Eminem to scrap the album and recreated Relapse 2 from scratch. The insider sources said that Interscope wanted Eminem to make a more mainstream album that was completely different from his “horror themed” material. Producer and longtime friend of Eminem, Denaun Porter, denounced the rumor and said Interscope would never interfere with Eminem’s work. But Denaun Porter is a puppet who isn’t going to risk losing his job talking down to the higher up executives at Interscope, so of course he’s going to defend them. Also, when you hear that Eminem is being pushed around by Interscope, Eminem ends up looking bad. So of course Denaun Porter will downplay it. If you actually took the time to look into Interscope’s history, you would see how full of crap they really are. Ask 50 Cent if they ever tried to make him scrap his album. Ask Obie Trice if they ever forced him to make songs he didn’t want to make.

Read more in Hip Hop
« Tupac Makes Vatican Myspace PlaylistAnyways heres what insider sources at interscope are saying.

- When Eminem finishes producing the final albums to complete his contract obligations, he plans to sign a new contract with Interscope as an artist/producer. Eminem, the artist, will continue being a Aftermath/Interscope artist. But he plans for his record label Shady Records to stray away from Interscope, become independent, and release albums without Interscope being involved. Eminem is not happy with Interscope shelving all of his Shady Records artists such as Stat Quo, Bobby Creekwater, and making Obie Trice leave on him. Right now, Shady Records is a shell of itself which is why they were negotiating with Slaughterhouse to rebuild the Shady Records brand. The problem is, Eminem doesn’t want to have egg on his face again. The reason why Slaughterhouse is not signed to Shady yet is because Eminem is working on making Shady Records independent so then Interscope can’t tell Eminem which of his artists will release when. You have to remember that Crooked I, a member of Slaughterhouse, has had a bad taste in his mouth from Interscope before. Right now at Shady Records, you’ve got D12 and Eminem, but there is no one else really that important signed. The shareholders at Interscope killed all of the momentum that Shady Records use to have.

- 50 Cent is getting ready to leave Interscope. “Before I Self Destruct” was 50’s final album obligation in Interscope’s contract and now he’s ready to split. Interscope is not really showing any signs of giving 50 Cent everything he wants in a new contract. 50 Cent feels he can get a better deal going somewhere else. By leaving Interscope, 50 Cent hopes he can rebuild the GUnit brand from the ground up. With Interscope, Gunit Records had a hell of a time trying to get Interscope to give a damn about any albums coming from 50’s artists. What’s going on? Why there was never a Olivia, Spider Loc, Young Hot Rod, 40 Glocc, Nyce, M.O.P. or G-Unit Philly albums released? Outside of Banks & Yayo (who both been released from Interscope) it seems no one is on the label. 50 Cent plans to leave and take Gunit records with him.

Looks like what Allhiphop.com reported back in August 2009 is coming true.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2009/08/07/21883546.aspx

“I have an insider at Interscope Records who is pretty high up on the food chain. They have told me that 50 Cent is going to be leaving Interscope. This is nothing new. We all know that 50 Cent is on the last album in his deal and seeks to re-negotiate his situation and bring G-Unit with him. Here is what he said in a recent interview with AllHipHop.com.”

I think it would be interesting to look at the timeline to see why 50 Cent might be leaving Interscope.

TIMELINE OF 50’s BEEF WITH INTERSCOPE

——————————————-

August 10th 2007

It all started when Interscope started leaking songs out for 50 Cent’s album “Curtis”.

http://www.hhpulse.com/news/1/ARTICLE/295/2007-08-10.html

“One of my inside sources just saw 50 cent completely black out in the G-unit offices. 50 was screaming into his blackberry phone, he was on a rampage, he ripped off the 70 inch plasma on the wall and then to top it off, he threw his phone straight thru the window of his executive office….shattering the glass all over thirtysomething street.

So what in the world could possibly have sent 50 into such a rage? Well, according to my source, right before 50 threw the phone out the window, he yelled you’re f-ing everything up, youre messing up my look, my album, so you know what, I’m on f-in vacation now. F- you and F- Interscope……Wow….

Here’s the inside story. Allegedly someone inside the Interscope camp is about to lose their job or their head because a video of 50’s 3rd single, called “Follow my Lead” featuring Robin Thicke just leaked to the web. Mind you, this single isn’t supposed to come out until October….after 50’s album drops and after his Justin Timberlake collabo dies out. But now 50’s carefully laid plan is all messed up and when he found out about the leak he flipped so crazy that told the head of Interscope that he’s boycotting all promo all media and possibly leaving the label… right now? Less than a month before the album drops?”

———————————————————————–

Back in 2007, 50 Cent had voiced his complaints about how Interscope was dropping the ball on Curtis and doing a poor job of promoting the album.

http://www.sixshot.com/news/7899/

Quoted from sixshot.com’s article:

September 12th, 2007

“50 Cent was on the well know Angie Martinez show on Hot 97 today (Sept. 12) and blamed Interscope Records for falling behind Kanye West in album sales with Ye’s new album Graduation outselling his latest release, Curtis.

“To be honest the process of selling this record hasn’t been fun,” 50 Cent said. “I’m happy with the performance, but I’m not happy with the set up. We had conference calls and after we created this plan, nobody actually had a plan.”

“Hypothetically, if I came in under Kanye West, I would release a new album every time Def Jam had a priority. I would release a record verses every one of their top priorities,” 50 Cent said.

“It was the label,” 50 Cent said. “Their dropping the ball all over the place. I’ll release my next album and then I’m a free agent.”

—————————————————————————–

September 13, 2007.

50 Cent Orders Interscope to Buy 300,000 copies of “Curtis” to defeat Kanye’s Graduation album.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2008/11778-50_cent_orders_interscope_to_purchase_300k_copies_of_curtis.html

“If you thought the battle between 50 Cent and Kanye West was over, you’d be wrong. While just about every expert is projecting that Kanye West will sell more albums, 50 Cent isn’t taking his apparent loss sitting down.

MediaTakeOut.com exclusively learned that the Queens rapper has ordered executives at his record label Interscope to go out to record stores and purchase 300K copies of his album Curtis.

According to an Interscope insider, 50 Cent laid down the gauntlet to the record company on a conference call yesterday. The tipster told MediaTakeOut.com, “[50 Cent] basically told us that we were being too cheap with his project … He laid out an ultimatum, either we go out and, using our own money, buy up 300K copies of Curtis. Or he’ll leave [the label].”

And 50 Cent’s strong-handed tactic may just work. The tipster explained to MediaTakeOut.com, “For [Interscope] to do what [50 Cent] is asking, we’d have to significantly increase our post-production budget … But 50 Cent is our most important artist, so we’re looking for ways to make accommodations.”

Right now music industry experts are speculating that Kanye will sell approximately 750K copies of his album Graduation this week. Without Interscope’s 300K album purchase, 50 Cent’s Curtis is projected to sell only 600K.”

———————————————————————————-

50 Cent starts talking about the possibility of leaving Interscope. He talks about how he’ll still be friends with Eminem no matter what happens. It is December 15th, 2008 and 50 Cent’s Before I Self Destruct is ready to come out in February 2009.

December 15th, 2008

“I’m a loyal person. I’ll always be down with Em, regardless to what the scenario is,” 50 told MTV recently. “My album requirements will actually be done, and it’ll be time to renegotiate. So if things work out, I’ll end up staying with Em and Aftermath/Interscope. If the negotiation doesn’t go right, then I’ll go elsewhere. It won’t change our relationship, because Em’s so rich it doesn’t matter. That’s why he’ll just take off for two or three years, and you don’t hear nothing or see nothing from him and then he comes back, because he can afford to do that.”

———————————————————

Before I self Destruct gets delayed.

February 29, 2009

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605878/20090225/50_cent.jhtml

“They should expect Em’s album to come out first,” 50 revealed to radio personality Howard Stern on his show Wednesday (February 25). ” ‘Crack a Bottle’ … that song actually was recorded for my album, and it may make it to Em’s record because his album’s coming first. We might just record something new.”

———————————————

According to mediatakeout.com:

“April 23, 2009. MediaTakeOut.com is hearing that there’s some REAL DRAMA going on behind the scenes over between rapper 50 Cent and his label, Interscope Records. According to one of our snitches, the powers that be over at Interscope are not happy with 50’s latest LP Before I Self Destruct and are asking that he re-record the entire album.

Word is that the label is unhappy with the lack of buzz from the streets that 50’s track releases off the album have received thusfar.

But we’re hearing that 50’s not happy with Interscope either. According to MediaTakeOut.com’s insider, 50 and his peeps feel that there are plenty of hot singles on the album – and that any “lack of buzz” is because Interscope hasn’t been promoting the project appropriately.”

Things got more interesting though. A month later, Sha Money XXL lashes out at Interscope and Jimmy Iovine saying,

“Employees and everybody are just not enthused to make things move forward,” he said.

“Honestly, everybody just rode off the G-Unit wave,” he added candidly. “Ain’t nobody showing and proving and doing what they gotta do. Everybody rode the wave and we’re sitting here wondering what the f*ck is wrong with Interscope? I’m sorry Jimmy [Iovine], get better f***ing employees.”

————————————————-

May 29, 2009

Sha Money XXL says Gunit doesn’t fit in Interscope.

http://www.bet.com/Music/News/musicnews_labelissues_5.29.09.htm

“G-Unit’s going through a new phase right now,” he told The Urban Daily. “Interscope is not the best home for them.”

“Employees and everybody are just not enthused to make things move forward,” he said.

“Honestly, everybody just rode off the G-Unit wave,” he added candidly. “Ain’t nobody showing and proving and doing what they gotta do. Everybody rode the wave and we’re sitting here wondering what the f*ck is wrong with Interscope? I’m sorry Jimmy [Iovine], get better f***ing employees.”

————————————————-

“Before I Self Destruct” Leaks

“For myself, I’m asking myself, ‘What did you expect, bro? Your fans got it when it was available, at the first available opportunity,’ ” he said earlier this week. “For me thisalbum is a prequel — it’s full circle. When the energy around a project is the way this is, you can’t really feel like it’s a failure. Like, I look at the numbers and am like, ‘What is this?’ I’ve already assessed that thealbum has been out a month before its actual release period [due to an online leak, and the album's early digital release due to the leak]. So when you got that, you go, ‘Well, what did you actually expect?’ ”
[b]
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Shady records 2 Leave Interscope?
Page 1 of 1