Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Royce da 5'9" on Success Is Certain & Eminem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin

PostSubject: Royce da 5'9" on Success Is Certain & Eminem    Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 am

Rapper Royce da 5'9" is hoping to become a household name with the release of his solo album.

The Detroit rapper is currently enjoying a wave of success with a No. 1 album courtesy of his side project called Bad Meets Evil, together with Eminem. But he hopes his latest album, Success Is Certain is going to help him achieve the recognition he deserves:

"It's kind of hard for me, if anything I'm trying to utilise the momentum, that I've gained with my major label release and with Slaughterhouse album and just try and stand on my own and put this independent album out," says the 34-year-old rapper.

Yet another side project keeping him busy is the rap super group Slaughterhouse, which features Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz, which is signed to Shady Records.

Success Is Certain is the follow up to the 2004 Death Is Certain. The latest offering, Royce explains is a far cry from the dark days he rapped about on his 2004 album:

"With the Death Is Certain album...I spoke about a lot of the mistakes I was making like the dark cloud that I felt was hovering over my head. Failure, negativity beef, and this album is you know, looking back in retrospective and reflecting on that speaking of triumph, over-coming adversity, leaping over hurdles."

The overall positive tone of Success Is Certain mirrors where Royce, whose real name is Ryan Daniel Montgomery, is in his life right now.

"It just came natural because I'm a lot more positive today than I was, I was very negative back then. I'm not that no more. I'm not angry with anybody, I don't hate anybody, I don't have beef with anybody, I don't have anything bad going on, I'm not drinking or driving, I'm not doing none of that stuff, so it's just kind of a reflection of where I am today," Royce tells the Associated Press.

The 11 track album features numerous collaborations, as well as the obvious Eminem on the current single ‘Writer's Block’, fellow Slaughterhouse cohort Joe Budden also gets some play:

"Just like the song that Joe Budden is on for instance, it's a song called 'My Own Planet,' And it's a very narcissistic braggadocios song, and it's basically saying I don't care about nobody else, I'm on my own planet, I do my own thing. Like I pat myself on the back after I do something good, and it's an uplifting song for yourself. You know and i don't think I know anybody that's more into them self, like my good friend Joe Budden. So I felt like it was a perfect fit for him, because when you put an artist, if you know that a certain content matches just their personality, you know you're going to get the most out of them. And I knew he would go in there and murder it, which he did so," Royce says with a smile.

Back to Eminem, and with their Bad Meets Evil project gaining considerable acclaim, does Royce feel he can maintain the momentum?

"It's kind of hard for me, if anything I'm trying to utilize the momentum that I've gained with my major label release and with Slaughterhouse album and just try and stand on my own and put this independent album out," says Royce.

"It's actually my last independent album as a solo artist that I plan to do. So as a solo artist, any album that I do as a solo artist from here on in I would prefer to do it on a major now, so this is like my last contractual obligation as an independent artist with this company. So I'm kind of trying to go out with a bang and put something out that real cohesive and is conducive to what I've got going on you know, with Slaughterhouse and Bad Meets Evil," he adds confidently.

Success Is Certain is out now.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Royce-da-59-on-Success-Is-Certain--Eminem/tabid/418/articleID/221866/Default.aspx#ixzz1UjRa1OM8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fictions.twilight-vampire.com/forum.htm

Royce da 5'9" on Success Is Certain & Eminem
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1