Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaughterhouse Talks "Forever" Cameo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Slaughterhouse Talks "Forever" Cameo Empty
PostSubject: Slaughterhouse Talks "Forever" Cameo   Slaughterhouse Talks "Forever" Cameo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Posted 09/24/2009 at 12:53 PM

"I just had my Slaughterhouse brothers in town and [Eminem's manager] Paul [Rosenberg] asked me to come down the video... I brought 'em with me." -Royce Da 5'9"

When people who looked closely enough saw the members of Slaughterhouse standing behind a hoodied Eminem in the music video for Drake's "Forever," also featuring Kanye West and Lil Wayne, rumors of an impending deal with Shady Records immediately spread.

Group member Royce Da 5'9" addressed the possible signing with VIBE. "There's gonna be rumors when somebody see something like that but it just is what it is. We just all family," says Royce. "As everybody knows, Em is a good friend of mine. We've been good friends for years. I just had my Slaughterhouse brothers in town and [Eminem's manager] Paul [Rosenberg] asked me to come down and be in the video and they just happened to be in town with me so I just brought 'em with me."

That portion of the clip was shot in an industrial area in Detroit, according to Royce.

"Forever" appears on the soundtrack to the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game, which hits theaters Oct. 2.

"The song itself is kinda like an All-star lineup," Crooked I told VIBE. "It kinda symbolizes each person is playing their position just how LeBron does on the court and his team, so it's kinda cool. I like the song. Em ripped it. I think he hit the home run, but I liked everybody's verses."

"It was like they set the alley-oop for him and he just dunked it," adds Royce. "Normally when you got that many MCs on a song, the song can get boring after a while but all of 'em kept up the pace and Em came with a totally different flow and just kinda stole it."

While Royce is finishing up his solo project, Street Hop, executive-produced by DJ Premier, Crooked I is working on the EP Pig Face Weapon Waist, due in October.

As for a remix or freestyle over "Forever?" "That would be a good idea," says Crooked. "The song's about six minutes so that's what we do. We be making some real long songs... That's right up Slaughterhouse alley." -Clover Hope

http://www.vibe. com/mt/2009/ 09/slaughterhous e-talks-forever- cameo-1/
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Page 1 of 1