Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Superman
Admin
Superman

Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite" Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite"   Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite" Mr_Porter-Album-hhdx

Mr. Porter discusses his upcoming debut LP and working on Eminem's earliest album "Infinite."

Earlier this month, Mr. Porter announced that his rap incarnation Kon Artis of D12 was officially dead and that he decided to move on with his solo career. Now, in a recent interview with Hip Hop-N-More, the Detroit producer/rapper discussed his upcoming debut album tHe mEmO. Although he didn't give a time table for its release, he did explain that it will differ from his previous works and will reflect a more socially conscious side to his rhymes

"Because it’s so new I still don’t know what to tell you what exactly you can expect from [The Memo]. I’m about six songs deep into that project. But I’m also considering doing two projects before it, before the actual album," he said. "Because I think I owe that to fans and to reconnect with people. It’s almost like you have to do that. But they will be proper projects. But The Memo is what I’m focussing on right now. I worked on a song from a year ago but didn’t know at that time if I’ll ever do an album. But you can expect some great things. It’s not gonna be too much flossin’, it’s lot of messages in it. I feel tHe mEmO is in itself like a memo to the world. It’s like introducing the new me to the world and to remind the fans about who I really am."

Mr. Porter also discussed his lengthy career alongside Eminem. Having worked with Eminem since his 1996 debut Infinite, Porter said that he and Em never had the mainstream music industry in mind, they were only looking to make good music. He also revealed that he revealed that he produced the entirety of Infinite and late D12 member Proof programmed the drums.

"You see, that’s a question we both wonder often," he said. "We often look at each other and say, 'What the hell happened?' It’s not necessarily like that. I don’t think there was a want to be that way. Most people start their careers like ‘I wanna be the biggest thing ever’. But we started with the love for music. He loves the music. I love being a producer. I love the fact that so many people are rapping over my beats. The thing is when I got into the industry, people didn’t get my ideas as much so I focused on one song that made sense and not forcing shit."

He added, "Like me and Em did that record [Infinite] from start to finish and Proof came in and actually did the drum programming. So when me, him and Proof worked on the album together, it was just crazy. Then it went from that to Slim Shady LP. Like you don’t think it’s gonna be anything big, you’re just kids making music, know what I mean? We were so big on trying to get on the radio at home but the radio did not mess with us. We did not have the support at all. I remember we were trying to make songs that may work but they still didn’t play them."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19473/title.mr-porter-talks-debut-album-the-memo-eminems-first-album-infinite
Back to top Go down
http://fictions.twilight-vampire.com/forum.htm

Mr. Porter Talks Debut Album "tHe mEmO," Eminem's First Album "Infinite"
Page 1 of 1