Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dewaun Parker Speaks about "Relapse"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dewaun Parker Speaks about "Relapse" Empty
PostSubject: Dewaun Parker Speaks about "Relapse"   Dewaun Parker Speaks about "Relapse" Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:15 am

Aftermathmusic.com:
What would you say sticks out the most that happened this year on Aftermath?

Dawaun Parker:
Well we just wrapping up Em’s project so I’ll say that, and Crack A Bottle was #1 on Billboard, so that’s exciting I guess.

Aftermathmusic.com:
We need Em back. Hip Hop needs Em back. How do you feel about the current state of Hip-Hop?

Dawaun Parker:
Hip-Hop is in a transformation stage. Most are waiting to see where it goes or are complaining and then some of us are trying to guide it where we’d like to see it go. I think with the computer and with the way we are all connected, you just need to have dope music. The people will decide if it’s hip-hop or not

I will say that we are in a post-lyricism era right now, with guys like Wayne, Drake, and ‘Ye no really rapping so much, but trying to expand our concept of what a hip-hop record is. Personally I think it’s all hip-hop, there is just good and bad. But then you hear someone like KRS-1 who is a legend, say that Flashing Lights ain’t hip-hop, so it’s all relative at the end of the day.

Aftermathmusic.com:
So, right now you are with Dre in Detroit to work on Eminem’s Album. Please tell me about your role in this project.

Dawaun Parker:
well basically I just run around and challenge Em to emcee battles so he can stay on his toes. other than that, i’m part of one of the best production teams ever assembled. is that too cocky?

Aftermathmusic.com:
Ha ha … no! Can we expect a new Dre type of beat on “ Relapse”?

Dawaun Parker:
I mean I don’t think you can expect a huge radical departure from what you are familiar with. Just know we worked hard on it and the quality will be there.
There are some surprises musically for sure; at least in my opinion.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Can you give us some inside info on features and producers on the album?

Dawaun Parker:
It’s mostly us. I think Dre on it and maybe and 50, but no one else far as I know.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What’s the concept behind “Relapse”?

Dawaun Parker:
The concept behind “Relapse” I can’t speak on. The title pretty much explains it though. He’s back!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Who produced the track “I’m having a relapse”?

Dawaun Parker:
I did.

Aftermathmusic.com:
It’s a great song D. Being that you are so close to Eminem, is there a difference in him artistically, since the unfortunate passing of his best friend, Proof?

Dawaun Parker:
I’ll leave it to Marshall to reveal what he wants at his pace. But it’s gonna be dope I promise.

queen
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Dewaun Parker Speaks about "Relapse"
Page 1 of 1