Fantasy Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Fiction

A place where everyone that loves Eminem can read news, write & voice their opinions on Eminem fan fiction.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre Empty
PostSubject: Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre   Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:54 pm

VIDEO: http://www.rap-up.com/2011/07/06/rap-up-tv-skylar-grey-gets-support-from-eminem-dr-dre/

Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYub-2hTivAR21n4EkAuFM54QRMDLlnEJa7zYs05Ky59trDzVM

Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwBN4VzEQU4zGUJElYffNoMSNd_aEw7h48y24YTS3Tj_MlM3ZlSQ

Before Skylar Grey there was Holly Brook. In Part 1 of her interview with Rap-Up TV, the “Love the Way You Lie” hitmaker describes how she went from being the auburn-haired Holly to the darker Skylar Grey, who’s written hits for hip-hop megastars including Eminem, Diddy-Dirty Money, and Lupe Fiasco. After her career failed to ignite, the singer-songwriter retreated to the woods of Oregon before she was introduced to beat maestro Alex Da Kid.

“Things kinda fell apart with my career and my personal life, so I just retreated up in the woods in Oregon just to get away from L.A. and the whole music industry,” explains the 25-year-old, who will release her KIDinaKORNER/Interscope debut Invinsible this fall. “I felt like I lost touch with who I was as a person, as an artist.”

She also shares that Lady Gaga was among the artists being considered to sing the hook on Dr. Dre’s Detox single “I Need a Doctor,” and how Eminem fought to keep her on the track. “Eminem was like, ‘We are not taking her vocals off the song!’ So I got kept on there and it changed my life.”

Dre also had her back. “He’s one of the most stand-up guys that I’ve met in the music industry,” says Skylar. “[He's] so nice, made a point to take me aside and tell me privately how grateful he was for my work on his album.”
Back to top Go down
https://fantasyfiction.aforumfree.com

Skylar Grey Gets Support from Eminem and Dr. Dre
Page 1 of 1